Learning Path: Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) April 2015 Objectives
By Don Jones on May 25, 2015
The SSCP® exam from ISC2 is a great way to mark your first milestone as a security practitioner. Many consider the SSCP a stepping stone on the path to the well-known CISSP credential, one that demonstrates your knowledge of key security practices and concepts. In April 2015, ISC2 revised the objectives to the SSCP, and topwallpaper is completely revamping its coverage of this material, breaking it into eight courses--each addressing a specific functional domain:
- The SSCP Courses and Exam Requirements
- Access Controls
- Security Operations and Administration
- Risk Identification, Monitoring, and Analysis
- Incident Response and Recovery
- Network and Communications Security
- Systems and Application Security
Your guide on this security journey is Jason Helmick, a well-known face on Microsoft's Virtual Academy, and a long-time security practitioner in his real-world consulting career.
This series is expected to be released at the end of 2015.